Your privacy is of the utmost importance and the Policy below sets out the steps taken by Nichols School of Dance to safeguard your privacy, always and explains how information about you may be collected, stored or used.
This Policy may change from time to time, so please feel free to check occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
In short, we keep all contact details for a minimum of two years after your child leaves the school.
We ensure that all performers (or their parents) have given their consent to being filmed and their first names are sometimes mentioned - being included in the credits.
The NSD Elite Channels are available for public view and separate consent is asked of this.
How does NSD collect information about you?
IInformation about you is collected when you:
· Use NSD website – your email address
· Sign up to the dance school – enrolment form
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information collected from you with the enrolment form includes, the following,
NSD may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address, and our subsequent replies. We email normally to send correspondence about dance classes, competitions, shows and examinations and reply to general enquiries.
How is Your Information Stored?
· Enrolment forms are scanned in to a password protected computer and paper copies are then destroyed.
· In the case of emails the information is stored by our email provider. Some group emails are sent about team events.
· Registers are kept on a password protected computer – these include names, DOB and emergency contact telephone number.
· You have the right at any time to request details of any information held about you by NSD.
· You also have the right to ask NSD to delete such information.
NSD will never sell or pass your information to third parties.
Neither will your information ever be shared by us with third parties for marketing purposes.
Security Precautions to Protect the Loss, Misuse or Alteration of Your Data
When you provide personal information to NSD we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. No banking details are kept by NSD.
All other details (e.g. email address) are transmitted normally over the internet and as such can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and therefore you do so at your own risk. Once your information is received, NSD will do everything possible to ensure its security.